SCAS had 15 representatives participate in the CIS/NSW All-Schools Triathlon held at the Sydney International Regatta Centre held late February. This event, which attracts competitors from Secondary Schools across all of NSW, was completed in warm conditions, with the SCAS contingent producing some wonderful results as follows:
- Joe Begbie (Intermediate Championship Boys) – 4th in NSW
Joe led from the front early to be out of the water first, completing the 600m swim in a time of 8m 11 sec, and then followed this up with the 3rd fastest bike leg of the race (25m 10 sec over 15km’s). Despite narrowly missing out on a medal, Joe should be well satisfied with this fantastic result which has now qualified him to represent NSW at the National Triathlon Championships for the 3rd consecutive year!
- Junior Girls Relay Team: Tilly King (Swim), Caitlyn Lloyd (Bike) and Laura Reynolds (Run) – 5th in CIS and 12th overall against 165 teams
- Junior Boys Relay Team: Jarvis Page (Swim), William Oram (Bike) and Bryce Turner (Run) – 8th in CIS and 21st in NSW against 109 teams
- Intermediate Girls Team: Molly Kemp (Swim), Freja Hamer (Bike) and Anneliese Cains (Run) – 7th in CIS and 13th overall against 173 teams
- Intermediate Boys Team: Joe Begbie (Swim), Joshua Jones (Bike) and Jack Crofts (Run) – 3rd in CIS and 6th overall against 116 teams
- Intermediate Boys Team: Jeremy Morgan (Swim), Alex Reynolds (Bike) and Nicholas Clarke (Run) – 20th in CIS and 48th overall against 116 teams
Notable achievements from the above include:
- Anneliese Cains had the second fastest run leg split in the Intermediate Girls Relay category
- Caitlyn Lloyd had the 6th fastest bike leg split in the Junior Girls Relay category
- Joshua Jones had the 6th fastest bike leg split in the Intermediate Boys Relay category
Congratulations to all students on their fine representation of SCAS and good luck to Joe Begbie at the National Titles.