As the end of term rapidly approaches it is time for me to let you know about the members of staff who will be leaving the school at the end of the term.
We have already this year seen the departure of two longstanding members of staff, Mrs Meridith Ebbs and Mr Tony Harrison.
Mr Yoshi Sakamoto is thanked for his work at St Columba and the Japanese program over the past seven years.
We thank our temporary staff who have filled various roles across the school, Mrs Allison Young, Mr Nathan Lamb and Ms Michelle Parry, who have greatly contributed to the life of our school. In 2019 Mrs Julia Jenkins will be taking a well earned year of Long Service Leave.
We have some changing roles and new teachers joining us next year:
- Mrs Rebekah Erga will lead our Christian Studies lessons and Chapel.
- Mr Joshua Barnett returns from his missionary work in Thailand.
- Mrs Brielle Bundy and Mrs Tahnee Rayward will return to full-time work as classroom teachers.
- Mrs Stacey Bennetts is returning from Maternity Leave and will share a class with Mrs Ann-Kathrin Kiehn.
- Mrs Phillipa Catlin will join us as a K – 6 Visual Arts specialists from Ravenswood School for Girls.
- Mrs Christine Moore will begin the exciting process of creating a K – 6 French program. Christine is relocating from Tasmania and has a wealth of international experience.
- Mrs Amy Finnecy and Mrs Fiona Bush will join our music and performing arts programs.
- Mrs Emily Barkway and Mrs Kerrie Malikoff will be taking up positions in our Library. Emily joins us from Cranbrook School.
- Mrs Fiona Writer has accepted the position of Stage 3 Coordinator and is excitedly looking forward to working at St Columba in 2019.
Class lists will be announced to parents in the week prior to the commencement of Term 1 2019. Students working with our Learning Support staff and requiring a transition meeting are encouraged to be in contact with Mrs Georgia Cummins.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all parents and the St Columba community for their care and support for our staff and students, and to wish you all the very best for the summer holidays and holy season. I look forward to welcoming you all back, refreshed, for what will be an exciting new year.
Head of Primary, St Columba Anglican School