A huge congratulations to Year 10 student Lara Neilson and Lily Barlow from Year 8 who both attended the Association of Independent Co-Educational Schools (AICES) Secondary Swimming Carnival at Sydney Olympic Park on Wednesday 24th March 2021. It was a huge effort just to get to Sydney – both girls and their mothers flew to Sydney via Coffs Harbour Airport.
Lara swam the following:
- Third place in the 50m Backstroke – a new personal best time
- Fourth place in the 50m Freestyle
Lily swam the following:
- Firth place in the 50m Butterfly – a new personal best time
- Third place in the 200m Freestyle
- Eighth place in the 50m Backstroke
- Third place in the 100m Freestyle
- Fifth place in the 50m Freestyle – a new personal best time
- Ninth place in the 200m Individual Medley
Collectively Lily and Lara achieved 111 points (Lily 80, Lara 31) to place St Columba in the top 30 schools in AICES – not a bad effort for two swimmers!
Lily will represent SCAS and AICES at the Combined Independent Schools (CIS) Secondary Swimming titles in both the 100 metre and 200 metre Freestyle. Lara will represent SCAS and AICES at the CIS Secondary Swimming titles in the 50 metre Backstroke.