If you live with other people, you should stay separated from them during your self-isolation period.
- stay and sleep in a separate room
- use a separate bathroom if available, or clean a shared bathroom after use
- do not be in the same room as another person (even if they are also in isolation)
- do not share household items including dishes, cups, towels and bedding. After using these items, wash them thoroughly with soap.
Practice good hygiene
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser:
- before entering an area where other people may go
- before touching things used by other people
- after using the bathroom
- after coughing or sneezing
- before putting on, and after removing face masks
- before eating or drinking.
- Cover coughs and sneezes.
- Regularly clean all surfaces you touch as much as possible (such as tabletops, doorknobs, and bathroom fixtures) by using household disinfectant or diluted bleach solution.
- Wear a mask in shared areas or when caring for other members of your household.