We are excited to provide Secondary School students with the opportunity to participate in the 2018 ‘Mini Muddies’ School Mud Obstacle Challenge on Friday 1st June 2018 at Bago Vineyards. This event is the grand opener for the annual ‘Suck it up Buttercup’ mud obstacle race, across the same course. The course is approximately 8km, with over 50 obstacles and action stations to challenge students and take part in a fun team-building activity.
This excursion will take place on Friday 1st June from 11.00am and conclude at approximately 1.15pm, with students returning in time for class Period 5. The event will take place at Bago Vineyards, Milligans Road, Wauchope and students will travel to and from the venue via bus. Students will be excused from their Period 1 class at 9.30am and will be required to assemble at the front of the school for a briefing before a departure from SCAS at 9.45am.
Information regarding this activity has been added to your Parent Lounge. Please accept or decline your child’s attendance, and if accepting make payment of $55.00, no later than Friday 6th April 2018. It is important that attendance is confirmed via the Parent Lounge, as your child may risk being withdrawn if permission is not sufficiently completed.
In addition to your acceptance in the Parent Lounge, we request that you please print, complete and have your child return the waiver document also attached within the Parent Lounge to Miss Doolan (HSIE Classroom Teacher) prior to Friday 6th April. View the Risk Warning under Section 5M of the Civil Liability Act 2002 here.
What to Wear/Bring:
- Students MUST wear enclosed shoes, preferably old shoes that can get dirty. Spikes and bare feet are not permitted
- Students should wear clothes that can get dirty noting that exposed shoulders/upper arms and bare midriffs are not permitted
- Students are to pack a towel and their school uniform to get changed back into after showering at the venue
- Sunscreen and a hat must be worn
- A drink bottle (no glass please) with a good supply of water
- Good food/snacks to consume before and at the conclusion of the activity
- Any first aid requirements (e.g. any regular medication, strapping etc.)