Welcome to Year 5 with Fiona George, Deb Muir, Emily Hamblin and Amy Finnecy.
Our aim is to provide a safe, caring and enjoyable learning environment where children are challenged and encouraged to achieve to the best of their ability.
Computers and Devices
Please refer to the BYOT Policy found on Explain SCAS. Expectations:
- Only to be used under teacher instruction during learning sessions
- Are an educational tool
- Must be present and fully charged each day
- Fully capable laptops are required for High School. If you are hanging out for one more year, it might be worth biting the bullet and investing now. Macbooks or Notebooks are preferable, but Chromebooks will suffice.
- Are not to be used outside of the classroom (including to and from school or in the playground waiting for buses or Kiss and Drop)
- No mobile phone use, until outside school grounds
- Social media: no child under the age of 13 should be using social media.
Homework is distributed and recorded in student diaries on a Friday and returned for marking the following Thursday. Homework consists of:
- a spelling/vocabulary sheet
- Supplement Sheet
- Reading for 10 to 20 minutes each day.
- Premiers Reading Challenge (login available shortly)
Year 5 Camp
Students in Year 5 attend camp at Somerset Outdoor Learning Centre, an outdoor education facility, located on the Colo River. This action-packed adventure will be held in Term 1, Week 7: Monday 8 March to Wednesday 10 March.
Please read our blog on preparing your child for school camp.
Visual Arts: with Mrs Catlin
Music: with Mrs Amy Corrigan, Mr Andy Blackmore and Mr Bill Canning
French: with Mrs Moore
Christian Studies: with Mrs Erga
Performing Arts: led by Mrs Bella Mistry, 5G with Mrs CJ Grootenboer, 5H with Mrs Amy Finnecy and 5M with Mrs Brianna Lukes
Sport: Elective sports led by Mr Ben Offereins. Off-site sport to commence in Semester 2.
|5G||Sports Uniform||Performing Arts Hour||French|
|Performing Arts Hour|
|5M||Sports Uniform||Performing Arts Hour|
We look forward to the year ahead with Year 5.