3. Books you read after the Challenge closes can count towards next year’s Challenge.
4a. K-2 Challenge: you can read the books on your own, read them with someone, or someone can read them to you.
4b. 3-4, 5-6 and 7-9 Challenges: you must read the books on your own, but someone can help you choose them.
5. In an approved series on the PRC booklist, you can read any three books as PRC books. You can read up to five other books from the same series as Personal Choice books.
6a. K-2 Challenge: you can read books or have them read to you in your home language.
6b. 3-4, 5-6 and 7-9 Challenges: you must read all PRC books in English. You may read Personal Choice books in your home language.
7a. K-2 students only – If you can read simple chapter books on your own, you can attempt the 3-4 Challenge. You need to get your Student Reading Record changed to Challenge level 3-4. See your PRC coordinator for help with this.
7b. 3-4, 5-6 and 7-9 students only: students with special needs who would experience difficulty completing the challenge at their grade-appropriate level can take part in the 3-9 Challenge. Students on the 3-9 Challenge level will complete the challenge by reading 20 books from any challenge level (including K-2) with whatever levels of support are appropriate to their needs. PRC coordinators should submit requests for changes to the 3-9 challenge by 31 July.
8. 3-4, 5-6, 7-9 students only – If your teacher thinks you need extra help, you can listen to unabridged audio versions of the books as long as you read along.
9. If you complete your online Student Reading Record by 20 August 2021, and it is validated by your school by 3 September (11:59 pm), you will be eligible for a PRC certificate in Term 4.
10. The certificates you can receive for completing the Challenge are:
|Year of Completing PRC||Award Received|
|First Year||Challenge completion certificate|
|Second Year||Challenge completion certificate|
|Third Year||Challenge completion certificate|
|Fourth Year||Gold Certificate|
|Fifth Year||Challenge completion certificate|
|Sixth Year||Challenge completion certificate|
|Seventh Year||Platinum certificate|
|Eighth Year||Challenge completion certificate|
|Ninth Year||Challenge completion certificate|
|Tenth Year||Challenge completion certificate|
|Every year from Year 3 to Year 9 (inclusive) therefore only Year 9 students are eligible||Medal|