Dear Primary Parents and Caregivers,
Unfortunately, as you have been notified by Mr Muldoon, the School and the Port Macquarie community are under a Public Health Order to ‘Stay at home.’ This means there are rules and restrictions about students attending schools.
Advice for families from the NSW Government website:
Parents and Carers must keep children – across primary and secondary school – at home unless they need to be at school. Schools (including out of school hours care) are open for any child that needs it.
What will this look like in Primary at St Columba?
Please take time to read and view the information on the Remote Learning page of Explain SCAS. You will find help in navigating Google Meet and Google Classroom and also who to contact if you need assistance with Curriculum questions, technology or pastoral support.
Monday to Wednesday
Teachers have provided an online timetable of activities for the three days of planning this week. We appreciate that this is not a full suite of offerings but staff will need this time to adjust the planned programs. Students can find this timetable on their Google Classroom. See the Google Classroom guide on Explain SCAS or contact the school if you are having difficulties.
Thursday and beyond…
On Thursday morning we will commence our full activities with Google Classroom and Google Meet.
In the Primary School we have added the addition of Google Meets to our remote learning program to assist parents who are currently working from home and to help students maintain engagement with their learning.
- Teachers will be online between 8:50am to 9:50am and 11:30am to 1:00pm.
- It is expected that all students are online at this time. This will ensure continuity of learning and adherence to NSW regulations in terms of attendance requirements.
- Explain SCAS has ‘How to’ guides for families.
- Call the school if you are having any difficulties.
What if I need to send my child to school?
Primary students will be provided with supervision if their parents are required to attend their workplace and are considered an essential worker.
- The school will be open for supervision from 8:20am.
- On arrival at school, students must remain in the SOLA.
- Regular drop off and pick up routines will be in place.
- Before school care (OSHC) will be open for students that are required to be at school prior to 8:20am. After School Care will also be available.
- Students will not have their regular class teachers but will be supervised by a variety of staff from across the school.
- Students will not be in their regular classroom.
- The learning experience at school will be the same as that of students at home.
- Busways will continue to provide their services.
- The Canteen will not be open.
- Students can wear either school uniform or sports uniform.
- Devices will be provided to K – 4 students but students will need to have their own headphones.
- Year 5 and 6 students will require a device, headphones and charger at school.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to the school if you need assistance. The best way to get help is to email firstname.lastname@example.org so a member of the Primary leadership team can respond.
We all hope that we will be back at school together soon.
Ms Shannon Rosewood
Head of Primary School