SCAS had 13 representatives participate in the Combined Independent Schools (CIS)/NSW All-Schools Triathlon held at the Sydney International Regatta Centre held recently. This year the event attracted a record number of competitors from Secondary Schools across all of NSW.
Our SCAS contingent produced some wonderful results as follows:
• Joe Begbie (Senior Championship Boys) – 3rd in CIS/4th in NSW from 101 competitors
Joe led from the front early to be out of the water first, completing the 750m swim in a time of 9m 43 sec. He then followed this up with the 3rd fastest bike leg (20km) of the race (31m 52 sec) and a 5km run leg of 17:46. This fantastic result has once again qualified him to represent NSW at the National Triathlon Championships for the 4th consecutive year!
• Anneliese Cains (Intermediate Championships Girls) – 12th in CIS/32nd in NSW from 102 competitors
This was a fantastic result for Anneliese in her first CIS/All-Schools Triathlon, and included the 3rd fastest run leg (4km’s in 16:00).
• Maclaren Tierney (Intermediate Championship Boys) – 40th in CIS from 128 competitors
A solid effort from Maclaren in his first ever competitive triathlon.
• Intermediate Girls Relay Team: Molly Kemp (Swim), Caitlyn Lloyd (Bike) and Anneliese Cains (Run) – 5th in CIS and 14th overall against 222 teams
• Intermediate Girls Team: Emily Reynolds (Swim), Michelle Edgehill (Bike) and Olivia Stanley (Run) – 96th in CIS and 196th overall against 222 teams
• Intermediate Boys Relay Team: Jarvis Page (Swim), William Oram (Bike) and Jack Mills (Run) – 13th in CIS and 26th in NSW against 142 teams
• Intermediate Boys Team: Tom Crofts (Swim), Jesse Beard (Bike) and Bryce Turner (Run) – 36th in CIS and 80th overall against 142 teams
Congratulations to all students on their fine representation of SCAS and good luck to Joe at the National Titles.