SCAS’s Workplace by Facebook service (the “Service”) provides you with the ability to internally communicate with other SCAS associates in a similar way in which you communicate with your friends through social media.
The Service is entirely separate from your personal Facebook account. The Service is provided by SCAS in order to give its employees the opportunity to participate in an internal social networking site in order to interact. Participation on or use of the Service is voluntary and is not a requirement of your employment.
Use of Workplace by Facebook represents your agreement to these Terms of Service. Even though the Service is an internal social media channel there are certain basic rules that should be followed that are similar to typical social media channels. The goal of these rules is to ensure that the Service is used in a manner that is respectful of others’ rights and opinions and a productive and safe environment for all participants. Also, the tool should be used in a manner that protects SCAS and client trade secret information.
The Service is made available for individual use related to your employment on behalf of SCAS. The Service is intended for the internal discussion of SCAS-related business matters and is not intended for use in connection with personal matters. Remember the Service is for internal use only. Please obtain permission from the sender/poster if you would like to utilize any information from the Service with a client or post publicly.
The Service is hosted from the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, by using the Service you are consenting to the transfer of any information you input into the Service (including your personal data) to the United States for processing.
Users assume all knowledge of applicable law and are responsible for compliance with any such laws. Users may not use the Service in any way that violates applicable state, federal, or international laws, regulations, government requirements or SCAS policies and procedures. Misuse of the Service and/or violation of these Terms of Service may result in disciplinary action, including in appropriate cases, suspension or termination.
By uploading any information, images, documents or other material on the Service, you represent and warrant that you/SCAS have the right or have been granted the right by the owner of the material to use and publish the material throughout the SCAS organization. As with all SCAS computer resources, users should have no expectation of privacy with respect to the use of the Service.
Any subject matter or related documents that are subject to a legal hold notice (i.e. subject to a legal matter or litigation) shall not be discussed or posted using the Service.
SCAS encourages the users of the Service to express themselves and their point of view through the Service. Just to be clear, there is certain content that is inappropriate for the Service, including content which is deemed at SCAS’s sole discretion to be:
- Libellous, defamatory, derogatory, demeaning, malicious, abusive, offensive, or hateful towards any individual or group (including clients or competitors);
- Obscene, profane, pornographic, or sexually explicit;
- Depicting graphic or gratuitous violence;
- Making threats of any kind or intimidating, harassing, bullying or showing disrespect for anyone;
- Violating the intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights of another; or
- Violating any company policy
Facebook’s terms and policies https://fb.facebook.com/legal/FB_Work_Terms also apply to your use of the Service.SCAS reserves the right to change these Terms of Service at any time with or without notice. If you have any questions concerning these guidelines or a concern that any person is violating these guidelines, please contact email@example.com and your concerns will be passed on.
Code of conduct when using Workplace
All employees new to Workplace by Facebook are required to acknowledge that they have read and understood this Code of Conduct by accepting the below terms and conditions when signing up.
To maintain a harmonious community, it is important for us to adhere to acceptable standards of behaviour:
- Be respectful, courteous, and civilised to everyone. Avoid flaming attacks, trolling, or harassing others. Do not use inappropriate language, swearing and vulgarities.
- Take care not to post anything that may be offensive to a particular race, gender, nationality, ethnicity, disability, religion, cultural background or political leaning.
- If somebody flames or harasses you, resist the urge to retort; instead, report abuse.
- If you are upset, wait and calm down before posting anything.
- Double check before tagging anyone. Do you really need to reach each and every member of the group, or just select members?
- Keep your comments and posts concise and to the point.
- There is almost never a good reason to use CAPITAL LETTERS. They are equivalent to shouting in face-to-face communication.
- Read your content carefully before posting. Check for errors as well as tone and words that could be misunderstood. Your posts reflect on your professionalism, so always put your best foot forward.
- The rules against plagiarism apply on Workplace by Facebook as well. Do not use somebody else’s content or idea and claim it as your own.
- Do not assume your colleague has read your post until they have acknowledged it. If it is an urgent matter, it may be best to call them.
- Do not blame another colleague for advice that did not work out. The decision to accept the advice is still your responsibility. Likewise, do not be offended if your advice is not followed.
- Never share your username and password with anybody else. You are responsible for anything posted in your name.
- Never store sensitive information such as credit card numbers and passwords on Workplace by Facebook.
- Keep your user profile updated, especially your contact information, so colleagues can reach you when necessary.
- Make sure files are virus-free before uploading it.
- Never use Workplace by Facebook for illegal activity.