Performing Arts Co-curricular activities have recommenced for Semester 2, and it’s wonderful to see students present and preparing for their up and coming showcases!
It is important that the co-curricular rolls are kept accurate for reporting purposes. Please ensure your child keeps their memberships to each of their performing arts co-curricular activities to ensure they are developing their skills and building confidence and learning repertoire with their ensembles!
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
For those families who are unaware of co-curricular commencement date: As a general rule, all co-curricular activities commence in Week 1 in Terms 2, 3 and 4. It is only in Term 1 when they commence in Week 3.
DATES FOR YOUR DIARY – WHAT’S COMING UP IN TERM 3?
Performing Arts Co-curricular Showcases and events:
1. Circus Showcase Swish and Flick – Theatre – Thursday 24th August 6.00pm
2. Music Twilight Studio Concert Series #2 -(Private music tutors showcase selected student works) Vocal Room in the Iona Performing Arts Centre – Wednesday 23 August 5.30pm
2. Father’s Day Breakfast – Details of performances TBC – Wednesday 30th August 7.30am
3. Primary Co-Curricular Music Evening (choirs and instrumental ensembles) – 6th September 6.00pm
4. Secondary Co-Curricular Music Evening (choirs and instrumental ensembles) – 7th September 6.00pm
5. Port Macquarie Dance Eisteddfod for Primary and Secondary Touring, Secondary Co-curricular Dance, and RAD Boys’ Dance -Thursday 21st September 4.00pm to 9.00pm
PERFORMING ARTS CURRICULUM
Come and view our Performing Arts HSC previews and support our most senior performing arts students:
1. HSC Dance Preview- Friday 4th August 5.00pm to 6.00pm in the Iona Performing Arts Theatre
2. HSC Music Showcase – Thursday 31st August from 6.00pm
3. Theatre Bites @ The Glasshouse – 9th September. A showcase of HSC Drama works across some Mid North Coast schools. This event is held at the Glasshouse and is organised by Mrs Grootenboer.