St Columba Anglican School students in Years 2 to 12 will again be offered the opportunity to participate in the world-renowned International Competitions and Assessments for Schools (ICAS) this year.
ICAS is designed to target students’ higher-order thinking and problem-solving skills. Our students are able to participate in English, Writing, Mathematics and Science.
We encourage you to consider entering your child into ICAS this year. The assessments are suitable for students wishing to extend themselves academically and take up the personal challenge of competing in an international assessment. Your child will be presented with high-quality, expert-developed questions, allowing them to apply their learning without the need for prior study or revision.
Year 6 students wishing to be considered for Primary School Dux this year must complete the ICAS tests, as this is an essential element of the criteria for this award.
The 2022 ICAS Assessments are online and will be held at school in the following weeks:
- Writing: Term 3, Week 4 (8 August to 12 August)
- English: Term 3, Week 5 (15 August to 19 August)
- Science: Term 3, Week 6 (22 August to 26 August)
- Mathematics: Term 3 Week 7 (29 August to 2 September)
Primary students will be using school devices for these tests but secondary students are to follow the instructions on the following link to ensure student’s own devices are ready for the test sessions. This should be done the week before the test sessions begin. Should you need support, please visit our IT help desk before school in Week 2 and 3.
Parents can now register and pay for ICAS using the University of NSW online portal.
- Visit https://shop.icasassessments.com/pages/pps
- Enter our SCAS unique code: BHJ695
- Add student details
- Select the ICAS Assessments your child would like to complete
- Make a direct payment to UNSW Global to finalise your order
Please note that online registration and payment will close on 1 August 2022.
If you would like further information, please do not hesitate to contact the School.